This new collection presents studies on key themes from the book of Hosea from an academic standpoint, written by experts in Biblical studies. Studies on Hosea (4 vols.) covers many topics such as judgment and redemption, the text as lyrical poetry, the character of God, Israelite and Judean tradition, and the portrayal of women. There is much attention paid to the division of the two kingdoms, and the influence the Southern Kingdom had on Hosea, a Northern prophet. The subject of hope and judgment runs throughout the book of Hosea and the authors analyze how this theme appears in the text. This four-volume set will be of great benefit to students, professors, and those wishing to learn more about the context, background, and influence of this Old Testament book.
Studies on Hosea (4 vols.) includes bibliographies, indexes, notes, cross-references, and detailed table of contents.
- Contains premier research of the book of Hosea
- Focuses on theological and historical ramifications of the text
- Includes bibliographies and notes to guide study
- Title: Studies on Hosea (4 vols.)
- Publisher: Sheffield Academic Press
- Volumes: 4
- Pages: 815