God's Word for Our World (2 vols.)
T&T Clark 2004
This two-volume biblical studies collection commemorates Simon J. DeVries’ methods, influence, and scholarship in biblical studies. With contributions from over 20 well-known biblical scholars, God’s Word for Our World is an excellent exegetical resource, containing various scriptural discourses. There are a wide range of topics, including Hebrew poetry, linguistics, culture, and hermeneutics. This academic and readable collection will be of interest to seminary students, professors, and anyone wanting to learn about biblical studies and methods from a variety of scholars and numerous scriptural texts.
- Contains 36 essays on exegetical topics
- Contributions from over 20 biblical scholars
- Introduction to DeVries’ methods
- Includes indexes and notes
- Title: God’s Word for Our World
- Publisher: T&T Clark International
- Editors: J. Harold Ellens, Deborah L. Ellish, Rolf P. Knierim, and Isaac Kalimi
- Volumes: 2
- Pages: 736
About Simon J. DeVries
Simon John DeVries is a premier twentieth-century Bible scholar, professor, and theologian, whose work in exegesis spans decades. His skill in critical and historical analysis has established standards in exegetical studies and inspired a generation of biblical students and thinkers.