Examine the Synoptic Gospels—Matthew, Mark, and Luke—with Dr. Craig Evans. Follow the story of Jesus from Infancy to Resurrection to discover the ancient context of Matthew’s Gospel, the authorship of Mark, and the implications of Luke for the church today.
- NT314 Book Study: The Gospel of Matthew in its Jewish Context by Craig Evans
- NT318 Book Study: The Gospel of Mark in Its Roman Context by Craig Evans
- NT319 Book Study: The Gospel of Luke in Its Gentile Context by Craig Evans
About Craig A. Evans
Craig A. Evans is the Payzant Distinguished Professor of New Testament and director of the graduate program at Acadia Divinity College in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. He has written extensively on the historical Jesus and the Jewish background of the New Testament era. His books include Jesus and His Contemporaries: Comparative Studies, a commentary on Mark in the Word Biblical Commentary, Jesus and the Ossuaries, and Ancient Texts for New Testament Studies. He recently served on the advisory board of the Gospel of Judas project for the National Geographic Society and has appeared frequently as an expert commentator on network television programs such as Dateline, as well as in various documentaries on the BBC, the Discovery Channel and the History Channel.
Getting the most out of Mobile Ed
Mobile Ed’s integration with Logos Bible Software creates an unparalleled learning environment. Lectures are fully searchable and linked to the rest of your library. We transcribe every word so you can focus on adding your own reflections as you watch and read along. Suggested readings open with a click, and video tutorials show you how to use Logos to research your topic even further.
With any Logos base package, you will be able to view the lectures and interact with the transcripts. For the best learning experience, we recommend Logos Platinum.
- Readings for the courses are often tailored to Platinum because the larger library provides access to a wide range of suggested resources and increases search results for further study.
- The Platinum collection best matches the resources used in video tutorials. It includes a breadth of commentaries, original-language studies, and over 1,400 resources to deepen your study.