Studies in Talmud and Midrash Collection
Jewish Publication Society 1998–2002
The Studies in Talmud and Midrash Collection (2 vols.) provides a deep and penetrating look into Jewish interpretation of Hebrew Scripture, law, and tradition. Rabbis Katz and Schwartz explore the Midrash and Talmud with an overview of the language, style of writing, modes of thinking, and worldviews present in these two works which are so important in Jewish thought and practice.
Each book in the Studies in Talmud and Midrash Collection (2 vols.) provides an exploration into important Hebrew texts. Within both volumes you will find comprehensive, clear and accessible guides to help you understand Jewish Scripture, law, ethics, customs, and history. Whether you are familiar with the Talmud and the Midrash, or are looking for an understandable resource to acquaint yourself with these important works, the Studies in Talmud and Midrash Collection (2 vols.) provides you with the tools you need to for a fuller understanding of the Talmud and the Midrash.
With Logos Bible Software the entire Studies in Talmud and Midrash Collection (2 vols.) is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture references are linked to your favorite Bible translations and original texts, and important theological concepts are linked to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and the wealth of resources in your digital library.
- Each of the over fifty Midrash selections featured sit next to its corresponding biblical text
- There are commentaries on the times and insights of the Rabbis who wrote each Midrash
- Guidance by the authors help readers answer the question “What does this text mean to me?”
- A general introduction to the Talmud
- A context section that helps to unlock some of the confusing aspects of the Talmud
- A section that gives modern applications of Talmudic teachings
- A glossary and section to enable readers who want to continue in their own Talmud study
- Title: Studies in Talmud and Midrash Collection
- Authors: Michael Katz & Gershon Schwartz
- Publisher: Publisher of collection, if it applies to every book in the collection, or in some cases (if the number is small and the volumes share a lot of the same data) you can list them all.
- Volumes: 2
- Pages: 611