Biblical Studies of B.F. Westcott (10 vols.)•
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
Best-known as one half of Westcott-Hort, the team that produced the acclaimed Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament, Brooke Foss Westcott was also a minister and prolific writer, as well as an eminent biblical scholar. This collection fleshes out that scholarship with pastoral, as well as academic, works on studying and interpreting Scripture. From sermons and studies of the miracles and titles of Jesus used in the Gospels, to a defense of the Resurrection, to a survey of the New Testament canon on historical grounds, to a psalter arranged for public worship, this collection is rich with insights into understanding and applying the Bible to every situation and aspect of life.
In the Logos edition, the Biblical Studies of B.F. Westcott is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Expand your B.F. Westcott collection! Be sure to also pick up B.F. Westcott on Christianity and the Western World and the Collected Sermons and Letters of B.F. Westcott.
- Gathers a variety of biblical studies by Brooke Foss Westcott
- Studies the miracles, Resurrection, and various titles of Jesus in the Gospels
- Provides Westcott’s historical survey of the New Testament canon, along with the condensed popular version
- Includes Westcott’s psalter arranged for the use of choirs in public worship
- Characteristics of the Gospel Miracles
- The Gospel of the Resurrection: Thoughts on Its Relation to Reason and History
- The Revelation of the Risen Lord
- Christus Consummator: Some Aspects of the Work and Person of Christ in Relation to Modern Thought
- Thoughts on Revelation & Life: Being Selections from the Writings of Brooke Foss Westcott
- The Paragraph Psalter: Arranged for the Use of Choirs
- A General Survey of the History of the Canon of the New Testament
- The Bible in the Church: A Popular Account of the Collection and Reception of the Holy Scriptures in the Christian Churches
- The Revelation of the Father: Short Lectures on the Titles of the Lord in the Gospel of St. John
- Some Lessons of the Revised Version of the New Testament
About B.F. Westcott
Brooke Foss Westcott (1825–1901) was a British bishop, biblical scholar, and theologian serving as bishop of Durham from 1890 until his death. Westcott studied at Trinity College in Cambridge where he graduated in 1848. He stayed at Trinity, where in 1849 he obtained his fellowship and was ordained deacon and priest. He received honorary degrees from Oxford in 1881 and Edinburgh 1883. In 1890, he became the bishop of Durham.
Westcott authored several works, including Introduction to the New Testament in the Original Greek, A General View of the History of the English Bible, Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament, and Saint Paul’s Epistle to the Ephesians.