Canon Press Theology Collection (9 vols.)
by 7 authors Ralph A. Smith, Steve Wilkins, L. Charles Jackson, Jim I. Wilson, Jeffrey Meyers, David Hegeman, Keith Mathison
Canon Press 2001–2007
The Canon Press Theology Collection addresses the issues that are fundamental to developing and maintaining a Biblical theology and worldview. Each title is designed to address difficult theological subject matter in such a way that even a young student will benefit. The issues discussed include the Nicene Creed, the Trinity, the doctrine of Scripture, themes of Christian unity and biblical concepts of corporate worship. Many of the titles include chapter summary questions to allow for further study in personal, group, or classroom settings.
The three titles by Ralph Smith discuss and explain the doctrine of the Trinity from an informed and approachable Reformed position. The Lord’s Service by Jeffrey Meyers attempts to outline a worship service that is both relevant and biblically sensitive to the Triune God. Keith A. Mathison traces the Reformer’s concept of sola Scriptura throughout the centuries to uncover the erroneous ways in which it is lived out in today’s Evangelical churches. L. Charles Jackson handles the Nicene Creed and defends the necessity of maintaining a creedal faith in modern times. Other titles address key issues such as Christian hospitality and overcoming the pitfalls of bitterness.
What is more, with the Logos edition of these titles you can easily participate in each author’s discussion of key Scripture passages simply by hovering the mouse cursor over each Scripture reference. Quickly reference and research key themes and theological concepts in your entire digital library. These titles will be a welcomed addition to the library of any home school family, lay theologian, pastor, or theology student.
- Sound theology from a Biblical Worldview
- Study questions for further reflection and research.
- Theologies on: the Trinity, Scripture, Christian community, and Christian witness
- Eternal Covenant: How the Trinity Reshapes Covenant Theology
- Face to Face: Meditations on Friendship and Hospitality
- Faith of our Fathers: A Study of the Nicene Creed
- How to Be Free From Bitterness: And Other Essays on Christian Relationships
- The Lord’s Service: The Grace of Covenant Renewal Worship
- Title: Canon Press Theology Collection
- Publisher: Canon Press
- Volumes: 9
- Pages: 1,838