Two Horizons Commentary (10 vols.)•
Engage in both concentrated biblical exegesis and meaningful theological reflection with the Two Horizons Commentary series. Without slighting the significance of philological, historical, and social-scientific questions, scholars in this series focus their primary interests on theological readings of texts, past and present. Experts such as Joel B. Green, Peter Enns, and J. Gordon McConville examine 14 books of the Bible—five Old Testament and nine New Testament. They discuss each book in relation to the whole of Scripture, asking what it specifically contributes to biblical theology. The result is a paragraph-by-paragraph engagement with the text that is deliberately theological in focus. This collection includes volumes on Genesis, Joshua, Psalms, Ecclesiastes, Lamentations, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon, 1 and 2 Peter, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, and Jude.
In the Logos editions, these valuable works are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Includes 10 volumes of Old and New Testament commentary
- Provides insight from some of today’s top theologians and biblical scholars
- Contains material perfect for students, pastors, those in the academic world, as well as laity
- Genesis by James McKeown
- Joshua by J. Gordon McConville and Stephen N. Williams
- Psalms by Geoffrey W. Grogan
- Ecclesiastes by Peter Enns
- Lamentations by Robin A. Parry
- Philippians by Stephen E. Fowl
- Colossians & Philemon by Marianne Meye Thompson
- 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus by Robert W. Wall
- 1 Peter by Joel B. Green
- 2 Peter & Jude by Ruth Anne Reese