This collection examines the writings of one of Christianity’s most important theologians, St. Maximus the Confessor. You’ll be introduced to Maximus’ overall world-view, dig deeply into his insights on the body and Christology, and examine his thought in the light of other early Christian thinkers. Learn more about this important period in historical and systematic theology, and how St. Maximus has influenced theology as we know it today.
In the Logos editions, these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
You may also be interested in the Ancient Christian Writers Bundle.
- Throws new light upon one of the most important periods in historical and systematic theology
- Enhances understanding of Eastern Orthodox theology
- Discusses and analyzes the worldview of a key figure in Byzantine studies
- Engages how modern systematic theologians use Maximus’ writings
- The Body in St. Maximus the Confessor: Holy Flesh, Wholly Deified by Adam G. Cooper
- The Byzantine Christ: Person, Nature, and Will in the Christology of Saint Maximus the Confessor by Demetrios Bathrellos
- The Christocentric Cosmology of St. Maximus the Confessor by Torstein Tollefsen
- Union and Distinction in the Thought of St. Maximus the Confessor by Melchisedec Törönen