The recent swell of scholarly engagement with Jonathan Edwards’ life and thought continues to shape our understanding of American Christian history, and the development of the evangelical tradition. Get the Baker Academic Studies in Jonathan Edwards collection and you too can profit from fascinating Edwards scholarship, revealing new chapters in Edwards’ legacy.
Learn from top-notch Edwards scholars at the Jonathan Edwards Center at Yale and around the country, as they share insights into Edwards’ vision, theology, and influence. Discover more about the development and expression of New England theology. Trace Edward’s role in this movement. Explore primary source documents from figures like Harriet Beecher Stowe and Charles G. Finney as a map to Edward’s legacy. Let modern scholars—including Allen C. Guelzo, Douglas A. Sweeney, and Harry S. Stout—deepen your understanding of this prince of American preachers, and his continuing impact on today’s churches.
Your study of Jonathan Edwards is dramatically enhanced in the Logos editions of these texts. Amazing functionality and features accelerate your research like never before. Scripture and ancient-text citations link directly to English translations and original-language texts, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches with the Topic Guide to instantly gather relevant biblical texts and resources, enabling you to jump into the conversation with the foremost scholars on Edwards and the New England theology. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place so you get the most out of your study.
Get the definitive Yale collection of Edwards’ writings: The Works of Jonathan Edwards.
- Explores the influence of Jonathan Edwards on American Christianity
- Includes contributions by a number of top Edwards scholars
- Compiles primary source documents to examine the growth of New England theology
- The Legacy of Jonathan Edwards: American Religion and the Evangelical Tradition edited by D.G. Hart, Sean Michael Lucas, and Stephen J. Nichols
- The New England Theology: From Jonathan Edwards to Edwards Amasa Park by Douglas A. Sweeney and Allen C. Guelzo