In this thoughtful and practical book, Warren W. Wiersbe and David W. Wiersbe offer 10 principles for Christian service that always work—at all times and in all places—inviting Christians to get back to the basics of serving others. These simple, practical principles will inspire and instruct you, helping you to follow Jesus in your daily life.
In the Logos edition, 10 Power Principles for Christian Service is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Provides insight on the principles of service
- Includes an exposition of the unchanging principles of ministry
- Contains 10 principles for Christian service
- The Foundation of Ministry Is Character
- The Nature of Ministry Is Service
- The Motive of Ministry Is Love
- The Measure of Ministry Is Sacrifice
- The Authority of Ministry Is Submission
- The Purpose of Ministry Is the Glory of God
- The Tools of Ministry Are the Word of God and Prayer
- The Privilege of Ministry Is Growth
- The Power of Ministry Is the Holy Spirit
- The Model of Ministry Is Jesus Christ
Whether you have been a pastor for one week or forty years, you will be encouraged and challenged.
—Joseph Stowell, president, Cornerstone University
Here is a book that cuts through the welter of advice offered today and brings us back to the basics.
—Erwin Lutzer, senior pastor, Moody Church, Chicago, IL
A classic in the essentials—things that must be in order for other things to be.
—Howard Hendricks, distinguished professor emeritus of Christian education and leadership, Dallas Theological Seminary
This is a ministry-changing read!
—R. Kent Hughes, emeritus senior pastor, College Church, Wheaton, IL
- Title: 10 Power Principles for Christian Service
- Authors: Warren W. Wiersbe and David W. Wiersbe
- Edition: 2nd
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 144
About the Authors
Warren W. Wiersbe, the “pastor’s pastor,” is a noted scholar and theologian. He is the author or editor of more than 160 books; he is most-known for his popular “Be” Series. Wiersbe has served as a director of The Literature Division for Youth for Christ International; speaker on the Songs in the Night radio program; professor of practical theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School; chairman of the board of the Slavic Gospel Association; writer in residence at Cornerstone University; and distinguished professor of preaching at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. Today his primary ministry is serving others through writing.
David W. Wiersbe has been a pastor for over 30 years and is currently serving his fourth church. He is author of Gone But Not Lost and The Dynamics of Pastoral Care, as well as co-author of four books with his father.