Eerdmans Pastoral Resources Collection (8 vols.)
Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
These volumes on practical and pastoral theology offer a wide variety of resources designed to equip ministers of the Word to care for the people of God. This collection offers enduring and timely insights from contemporary pastors as well as the early church on important issues ranging from joining a new congregation to transitioning out after years of ministry. More than theoretical discussions, these volumes offer real-life examples and eminently practical guidance.
In The Pastor as Minor Poet, seasoned pastor Craig Barnes presents pastoral ministry as helping others become fully alive in Christ by being a poet of the soul who understands the text of Scripture, as well as the “text” of people’s lives. In Leading God’s People, Christopher A. Beeley brings the lasting wisdom of the ancient church to bear on the issues facing today’s ministers. In This Odd and Wondrous Calling, Lillian Daniel and Martin B. Copenhaver share instructive anecdotes from their own lives that offer guidance and encouragement for daily ministry. Lawrence W. Farris’ Ten Commandments for Pastors New to a Congregation and Ten Commandments for Pastors Leaving a Congregation offer sound advice and guidelines for navigating the universal pastoral experience of first entering the pastorate as well as the difficult circumstance when a pastor is called elsewhere. In Straining at the Oars, H. Dana Fearon III and Gordon S. Mikoski provide an invaluable ensemble of case studies offering careful guidance on sensitive issues that pastors often face, but struggle to successfully field. In Blessings of the Burden, social worker Alan R. Burt provides a readable discussion of the most perennial concerns of Christian charity—helping the homeless. And in Learning to Dream Again, Samuel Wells offers thought-provoking and devotion inspiring reflections designed to help Christians rediscover the heart of God on a number of key issues intersecting Christianity and culture.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture references appear on mouseover in your preferred versions, and citations of other works in your Logos library are linked for instant reference. With the Topic Guide, instantly gather relevant sections from these volumes as you study subjects within pastoral care and ministry. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Practical theology from ancient and contemporary ministers
- Pastoral assessment and direction on key topics
- Careful guidance for navigating congregational transitions
- The Pastor as Minor Poet: Texts and Subtexts in the Ministerial Life by M. Craig Barnes
- Leading God’s People: Wisdom from the Early Church for Today by Christopher A. Beeley
- This Odd and Wondrous Calling: The Public and Private Lives of Two Ministers by Lillian Daniel and Martin B. Copenhaver
- Ten Commandments for Pastors Leaving a Congregation by Lawrence W. Farris
- Ten Commandments for Pastors New to a Congregation by Lawrence W. Farris
- Straining at the Oars: Case Studies in Pastoral Leadership by H. Dana Fearon III and Gordon S. Mikoski
- Learning to Dream Again: Rediscovering the Heart of God by Samuel Wells
- Blessings of the Burden: Reflections and Lessons on Helping the Homeless by Alan R. Burt
- Title: Eerdmans Pastoral Resources Collection
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 8
- Pages: 1,278