The Baker Academic Early Church Collection presents insights into early Christian theology. Appealing to both Protestants and Catholics, it includes contributions from scholars and theologians of all traditions. Drawing mostly from the first five centuries, it provides an introduction to various patristic authors and addresses their theologies, their impact on the early church’s development, their contemporary relevance, and common misconceptions that have tainted evangelical views. The volumes in this upgrade discuss classical Christian doctrine, the theology of Augustine, and the views of Vincent of Lérins.
This collection is perfect if you’re a student, scholar, pastor, or layperson interested in the most pressing topics relating to early church history, theology, and spirituality. The Logos Bible Software edition of this collection is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of the Christian church. Scripture passages link directly to your preferred English translation and original language texts; important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic to find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about the early Church Fathers’ writings, culture, and thought.
Want the rest of the series? Order the Baker Academic Early Church Collection (13 vols.) today!
- Contains contributions from Augustine, Vincent of Lérins, and theologians from various traditions
- Provides insights into the early church’s theological development
- Analyzes the historical and contemporary significance of the early Church Fathers and their writings
- Classical Christian Doctrine: Introducing the Essentials of the Ancient Faith by Ronald E. Heine
- The Theology of Augustine: An Introductory Guide to His Most Important Works by Matthew Levering
- Vincent of Lérins and the Development of Christian Doctrine by Thomas Guarino
- Title: Baker Academic Early Church Upgrade
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 608