How do biblical prophecies impact today’s world? How can modern-day Christians correctly interpret and apply Scripture? The How to Read the Bible Collection presents four volumes on reading Scripture in its original contexts to apply its wisdom to contemporary living. It analyzes almost 300 questions asked by Jesus throughout the New Testament and introduces 60 Bible prophecies’ ancient and present-day significance. The collection illustrates the pitfalls of misinterpretation and shows Bible readers how they can avoid misreading and misapplying Scripture.
Whether you’re a student, a pastor, or a layperson, the How to Read the Bible Collection provokes you to read the Bible honestly—to let it surprise, challenge, and correct you as you apply the many steps of interpretation. By using the tools included in this collection, you’ll approach Bible study with more depth and understanding. Integrate the practical methods found in this collection with your preferred Bible, the Passage Guide, and the other Bible-study tools in Logos Bible Software—and then dive into Bible study with a vast knowledge base right before your eyes.
- Emphasizes the importance of understanding the Bible in its original contexts
- Illustrates various ways Scripture has been misinterpreted
- Shows how to apply Scripture’s wisdom in the modern context
- All That Jesus Asks: How His Questions Can Teach and Transform Us by Stan Guthrie
- A Concise Guide to Bible Prophecy: 60 Predictions Everyone Should Know by Stan Guthrie
- How to Read the Bible in Changing Times: Understanding and Applying God’s Word Today by Mark L. Strauss
- Out of Context: How to Avoid Misinterpreting the Bible by Richard L. Schultz
A Concise Guide to Bible Prophecy: 60 Predictions Everyone Should Know
- Author: Stan Guthrie
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 2013
- Pages: 176