Baylor Ethics Collection (4 vols.)
by 10 authors Horrell, David, Hunt, Cherryl, Southgate, Christopher, Bauckham, Richard J., Harry J. Huebner, Yoder, John Howard, Martens, Paul, Porter, Matthew, Werntz, Myles
Baylor University Press 2010–2012
This collection of Baylor volumes presents valuable writing on general Christian ethics, as well as on important topics such as pacifism and ecological issues. Harry J. Huebner’s massive, An Introduction to Christian Ethics represents a new standard in Christian ethics studies, covering important ancient, modern, and postmodern traditions and figures in Christian ethics. Living with Other Creatures and Greening Paul represent current scholarship on the relationship between Christianity, Scripture, and ecological ethics. Finally, Nonviolence: A Brief History presents, for the first time in one edited volume, the influential Warsaw lectures delivered by one of the most important pacifists in modern Christianity, John Howard Yoder. This volume not only covers a wide range of ethical issues, but also serves as an overview of the theological and ethical thought of Yoder himself.
The Logos Bible Software edition of these volumes is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of Christian ethics. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and original-language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about pacifism and ecological ethics.
- Timely discussion of issues in ecological ethics and pacifism
- Extensive introduction to Christian ethics
- Living with Other Creatures: Green Exegesis and Theology by Richard Bauckham
- Greening Paul: Rereading the Apostle in a Time of Ecological Crisis by David G. Horrell, Cherryl Hunt, and Christopher Southgate
- An Introduction to Christian Ethics by Harry J. Huebner
- Nonviolence: A Brief History: The Warsaw Lectures by John Howard Yoder
- Title: Baylor Ethics Collection
- Publisher: Baylor University Press
- Volumes: 4
- Pages: 1,372