The Land that I Will Show You
The Land that I Will Show You is a collection of 17 articles by colleagues and former students of Professor J. Maxwell Miller, who taught at the Candler School of Theology, Emory University. The papers deal with the history, chronology, geography, archaeology, and epigraphy of ancient Israel and its setting in the Levant, and range from broad methodological discussions of historiography to focused analyses of individual texts or historical issues. A review of Miller’s career and a select bibliography of his publications are also included.
In the Logos edition of The Land that I Will Show You, you get easy access to Scripture texts and to a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Hovering over Scripture references links you instantly to the verse you’re looking for, and with Passage Guides, Word Studies, and a wealth of other tools from Logos, you can delve into God’s Word like never before!
- Biographical sketch on J. Maxwell Miller
- Exploration of the reconstruction of the history of the ancient Near East
- Articles dealing with the historiography encountered in Chronicles and the Deuteronomistic History
- Comparative study of the historiographies of Qohelet and Nagarjuna of India
- Examinations of matters related to Israel’s internal and external political and military conflicts
- Title: The Land that I Will Show You
- Editors: J. Andrew Dearman and M. Patrick Graham
- Series: Study of the Old Testament Supplement (JSOTSupp)
- Publisher: Sheffield Academic Press
- Publication Date: 2002
- Pages: 320
About the Editors
J. Andrew Dearman is the academic dean at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Austin, Texas and a visiting professor in the Department of Old Testament at University of Stellenbosch in South Africa.
M. Patrick Graham is Margaret A. Pitts Associate Professor of Theological Bibliography at Candler School of Theology and the director of Pitts Theology Library, Emory University in Atlanta.