Exploring the Story helps you understand and grasp the significance of each chapter in the The Story, an innovative Bible that presents Scripture as a continuous narrative in chronological order. The big picture of God’s redemptive plan comes into focus as you learn about the following elements:
- Timeline: shows how the events of The Story relate to the rest of history
- Plot Points: briefly describes the key narrative themes of a passage
- Cast of Characters: introduces the people featured in the text
- Chapter Overview: summarizes the corresponding chapter in The Story
- Discussion Questions: gives ideas for individual or group reflection
- Section Commentary: presents theological issues, important archaeological discoveries, or launch points for further discussion
Small group leaders, pastors, and lay students of the Bible will gain a deeper understanding of God’s life-changing redemptive plan by reading this book alongside The Story.
Scripture references are linked directly to Greek and Hebrew texts, along with the English Bible translations of your choice. For any word in any language, you can double-click on that word and your digital library will automatically search your lexicons for a match. That gives you unprecedented access to linguistic data, along with all the tools you need for exegesis and interpretation.
- Preface by the author
- Discussion questions
- Suggested resources for further study
- Title: Exploring the Story: A Reference Companion
- Author: Adam Barr
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2011
- Pages: 176
About Adam Barr
Adam T. Barr is the pastor of teaching ministries at Corinth Reformed Church and president of Borderlands, a ministry that equips church and campus ministries to disciple Next Generation leaders. He has earned degrees from Hope College, Western Theological Seminary, and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and studied at Westminster Theological Seminary. He updated, edited, and contributed to the Zondervan Illustrated Commentary: One-Volume Illustrated Edition.