Augsburg Fortress Pastoral Care Collection (8 vols.)•
Fortress Press 2007–2012
Depression, substance abuse, physical abuse, autism, dementia, mourning, domestic violence—the list of psychological troubles and disorders is overwhelming. How does a pastor or counselor bring Christ’s healing to the drastic—and sometimes violent—fallenness of the human heart and mind? The Augsburg Fortress Pastoral Care Collection is designed for pastors and counselors seeking to grow themselves in the area of counseling ministry. Written specifically for pastors, these volumes will prepare your heart and mind for whatever troubles this deeply broken world brings under your care.
The Logos version of these volumes will bring your study even further. Bible verses appear on mouseover, displaying your preferred translation. These volumes are easily searchable, enabling you to quickly find that one paragraph you read earlier about “counseling grieving mothers” right as you need it most.
- Provides an array of counseling perspectives and backgrounds
- Gives pastoral and medical advice for helping those who are coping
- Explores the relationship between spiritual and mental health for effective counseling and therapy
- Ministry with Persons with Mental Illness and Their Families by Robert H. Albers, William H. Meller, and Steven D. Thurber
- Trauma and Transformation at Ground Zero: A Pastoral Theology by Storm Swain
- Many Voices: Pastoral Psychotherapy in Relational and Theological Perspective by Pamela Cooper-White
- Good Grief by Granger E. Westberg
- Grief: Contemporary Theory and the Practice of Ministry by Melissa M. Kelley
- Couples in Conflict: A Family Systems Approach to Marriage Counseling by Ronald W. Richardson
- The Contemplative Counselor: A Way of Being by Rolf R. Nolasco Jr.
- Domestic Violence: What Every Pastor Needs to Know by Al Miles
- Title: Augsburg Fortress Pastoral Care Collection
- Publisher: Augsburg Fortress Press
- Volumes: 8
- Pages: 1,718