Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture: First Corinthians
Baker Academic 2011
The first letter to the Corinthians offers crucial insight into a less-than-perfect Christian community struggling to follow Jesus in a multicultural world. Providing a fresh exegesis of the text, Montague examines the divisions within the Corinthian church, issues about marriage, problems with worship, and questions about the resurrection—and reflects on contemporary applications of Paul’s first-century epistle.
With the Logos edition, each Scripture passage links with your favorite translation, and is easy to study side by side with your other commentaries. You can search by topic or Scripture with lightning fast results!
- Offers detailed exposition and commentary on the text
- Provides introduction to authorship, literary unity, historical context, theological themes, and contemporary relevance
- Includes a glossary, indexes, and a list of suggested resources
- Title: Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture: First Corinthians
- Author: George T. Montague
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 2011
- Pages: 320
About George T. Montague
George T. Montague, SM (STD, University of Fribourg), is a professor of New Testament at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas. He is the author of more than 20 books, including Understanding the Bible. In 1995, he began a new religious community in the Marianist family, the Brothers of the Beloved Disciple.