From the Preface: "Whatever success I may have had in the writing of this booklet is due to the inspiration of the The Holy Spirit, and the gracious help of my Lord, who is the comfort and joy of my life."
Learn what the Bible teaches on divorce and remarraige with the Logos Bible Software edition of The Truth About Divorce and Remarriage all Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference.
- Divorce and Remarriage Under the Old Testament
- I. Moses' Permission to Divorce Wives Did Not Apply to Five Classes of Wives
- II. Moses' Permission to Divorce Wives Applied to Chaste Wives Only
- III. Under the Old Testament Divorced Wives Were Not Called Adulteresses If They Married Again
- Divorce and Remarriage Under the New Testament
- IV. God's People are Forbidden to Divorce Chaste Wives and Marry Again Under This Dispensation
- V. God's People are Permitted to Divorce Unchaste Wives and Marry Again Under This Dispensation
- VI. People Who Divorced and Remarried While in Sin, and Ignorant of the Teachings of Christ on This Subject, May Obtain and Retain Salvation
- VII. All the Instructions in the New Testament on This Subject, by Our Lord are Exclusively for God's People
- VIII. All the Instructions by St. Paul on This Subject are Exclusively for God's People
- Title: The Truth About Divorce and Remarriage
- Author: Cecil M. Washington
- Publisher: Gospel Trumpet
About Cecil M. Washington
Cecil M. Washington is also the author of Have Ye Received the Holy Spirit Since Ye Believed, The Truth About the Millennium, and What the Bible Teaches About Speaking in Tongues.