From the Introduction: Discussion on the gift of tongues has been revived by members of churches which have traditionally been opposed to such manifestations. A closer look shows that these churches themselves have not revised their doctrine but that they have permitted some of their preachers to experiment along these lines. Nevertheless, it is always valuable to review the teaching of the New Testament to be sure that we are accepting all the truth we can find there."
With the Logos Bible Software edition of What About the Gift of Tongues? all Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference.
- I. A Look at Mark and Acts
- II. Considering First Corinthians 12 and 13
- III. A Look at 1 Corinthians 14
- IV. Considering Some Objections
- Ecstatic Utterances
- "Gift" or "Sign"?
- All Do Not Speak with Tongues
- Are Tongues for Us Today?
- V. Purpose of the Gift
- Tongues in Acts
- First Corinthians 12-14
- Edifying the Church
- Godly Love
- The Purpose of the Holy Spirit
- Title: What About the Gift of Tongues?
- Author: Kenneth E. Jones
- Publisher: Gospel Trumpet
About Kenneth E. Jones
Kenneth E. Jones has also authored Christian Stewardship, Saving Faith in Jesus, and The Gospel in Revelation.