For more than thirty years, Tabletalk has existed as a magazine for laymen. Generally speaking, laymen receive either very little instruction in the weightier matters of the faith, or the instruction is too academic, thereby making the material largely inaccessible to average laymen. This is the reason Tabletalk exists — to bridge the gap between these two poles, to explain to the people of God important, biblical doctrines and events while admonishing them toward holy living.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with R.C. Sproul Jr., Rob Norris, Gene Veith, George Grant, Sinclair Ferguson, Robert Barnes, Brent Bradley, Jerry Dodson, O. Palmer Robertson, and Greg Bailey. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
- "The Authentic Message" by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- "Making Shipwreck" by Rob Norris
- "The Lord's Anointed?" by Gene Veith
- "Selling Out" by George Grant
- "One Night Only" by Sinclair Ferguson
- "The Master's Plan for Confronting Sin" by Robert Barnes
- "The Stones Bear Witness" by Brent Bradley
- "The Great Marriage" by Jerry Dodson
- "The Loss of the Land" by O. Palmer Robertson
- "Man of the Hour" by Greg Bailey
- "The Cultural Mind"
- "Tolle Lege"
- "Right Now Counts Forever"
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, June 2001: Revivalism, An Impotent Wind
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: June 2001
- Pages: 62
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.