Holiness for the Real World
What is holiness? What does it mean to live a holy life? Can an ordinary person aspire to be holy?
In this practical, highly readable book, you will discover the meaning of holiness and be inspired to seek this life-transforming experience for yourself. A unique panel of experts, including a theologian, a mega-church pastor, an inner-city pastor, and a national church leader, explain the power of holiness in everyday language. This brief, challenging book will inspire you to believe in the promise behind God's command to "Be holy for I am holy" as you both understand and experience holiness as never before.
Discover the power that can transform you, your church, and your world with Holiness for the Real World. All Scripture references are linked to your favorite Bible in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of "holiness" or "grace."
- Each chapter includes questions for reflection and application
- Includes a discussion guide, enabling you to explore this exciting teaching with others
- Personal Holiness: Grace for Transformed Lives
- Corporate Holiness: Grace to Transform Our Churches
- Missional Holiness: Grace to Transform Our Communities
- Global Holiness: Grace to Transform Our World
- Title: Holiness for the Real World
- Authors: Chris Bounds, Jim Garlow, Jo Anne Lyon, and Christy Lipscomb
- Publisher: Wesleyan Publishing House
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pages: 96
About the Authors
Chris Bounds is Assistant Professor of Religion at Indiana Wesleyan University. He completed a PhD in Theological and Religious Studies at Drew University.
James Garlow is Senior Pastor of Skyline Wesleyan Church in La Mesa, California. He completed a PhD in historical theology at Drew University.
Jo Anne Lyon is the founder and CEO of World Hope International and the newly elected General Superintendent of The Wesleyan Church. She completed a masters degree in counseling from the University of Missouri and received several honorary doctorates.
Christy Lipscomb is co-founder and co-pastor of City Life Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She completed an MDiv at Asbury Theological Seminary.