The theme of the January 2006 issue of Tabletalk is the Christian life, the path begun at the foot of the cross. In the face of a culture that prizes flashy “conversion experiences” stands the biblical record of the Christian life being a race, a journey that entails mountaintops and dark valleys. This issue of Tabletalk serves to teach Christians about the progress of sanctification in the life of the believer.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with J.Ligon Duncan, Frank E. Farrell, Andrew McGowan, R.C. Sproul Jr., Derek W.H. Thomas, and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
The 2006 Bible studies take a careful look at the book of Genesis.
- "Progress Redefined" by Burk Parsons
- "Christian Loses His Burden" by R. C. Sproul
- "Vanity Fair" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "In the Dungeon of Giant Despair" by Andrew McGowan
- "Crossing the River" by Frank E. Farrell
- "Existence in God" by Burk Parsons
- "Creation Ex Nihilo" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "The Mystery of Adam's Wounding" by Warren A. Gage
- "Consistent Service" by Kevin Struyk
- "The Constantcy of a Pilgrim's Life" by J. Ligon Duncan III
- "The Power of His Glory" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Pilgrims Who Make No Progress" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, January 2006: Pilgrim's Progress
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: January 2006
- Pages: 2006
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.