Trinity is the word utilized by Christians to signify the central doctrine of their faith — the truth that in the unity of the Godhead there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is the theme of the April 2006 issue of Tabletalk. Sadly, many Christians deem Trinitarian theology to be speculative and impractical. Yet the early church fathers were not preoccupied with abstractions; their concern was man’s salvation. Thus this issue of Tabletalk will serve to encourage and inform Christians of their ancient and biblical faith in the triune God of redemption.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Don Kistler, Robert Letham, Nick Needham, R.C. Sproul Jr., Allen Vander Pol, and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
The 2006 Bible studies take a careful look at the book of Genesis.
- "A Simple Mystery" by Burk Parsons
- "Triune Monarchy" by R. C. Sproul
- "The Definition of Orthodoxy" by Nick Needham
- "Established Boundaries" by Robert Letham
- "Divine Architect" by Don Kistler
- "He Walked with God" by Burk Parsons
- "The Covenant Keeper" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "A Door of Safety in a Time of Judgement" by Warren A. Gage
- "Holy Grief" by Chris Donato
- "A Holy Foundation" by Tim Dick
- "Trinitarian Worship" by Allen Vander Pol
- "Theology Has Consequences" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "The Trinity and Culture" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, April 2006: The Holy Trinity
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: April 2006
- Pages: 63
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.