“I am a Jew, from Tarsus of Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city” (Acts 21:39). Saint Paul the apostle is the subject of the July 2006 issue of Tabletalk. The reason is as simple as can be: our love for the man God chose to preach His Gospel to the nations. Studying him and his works is arguably the most rewarding endeavor one may undertake. Seeing his dynamic personality — his warmth, his intensity, his devotion, his grace-full preaching — is what leads us to share with Tabletalk’s readers the multi-faceted character of the Apostle to the Gentiles.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Jerry Bridges, John Nunes, Thomas R. Schreiner, R.C. Sproul Jr., Gene Edward Veith, and Cornelis P. Venema. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
The 2006 Bible studies take a careful look at the book of Genesis.
- "A Man in Christ" by Burk Parsons
- "Paul, a Servant of Jesus Christ" by R. C. Sproul
- "Apostle to the Gentiles" by Thomas R. Schreiner
- "Christ and Him Crucified" by Cornelius P. Venema
- "The Least of the Apostles" by Jerry Bridges
- "A Priestly Nation" by Robert Rothwell
- "Nothing but the Blood" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "Once Divided" by Warren A. Gage
- "The Spirit of Promise" by Patrick Lennox
- "The Transcendent Love of God" by Don Kistler
- "The Imitators of Me" by John Nunes
- "The One, Great War" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "A New Paul?" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, July 2006: Paul
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: July 2006
- Pages: 63
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.