Tabletalk Magazine, September 2006: Proud Mediocrity
Ligonier Ministries 2006
The September 2006 edition of Tabletalk focuses on the theme of mediocrity within our society. Reflecting on the ramifications of worldly standards and norms within the church, Tabletalk presents comprehensive articles on the intended attitudes, work ethics, and decisions expected of us as Christians.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul along with Burk Parsons, George Grant, Chris Donato, Robert Rothwell, Derek W. H. Thomas, Warren A. Gage, Greg Barolet, Geoff Stevens, John Sartelle, R. C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
The 2006 Bible studies take a careful look at the book of Genesis.
- "Wordly Standards" by Burk Parsons
- "Exceptional Mediocrity" by R. C. Sproul
- "A Passion for Truth" by George Grant
- "Reflecting the Art of God" by Michael Card
- "In the Service of the King" by Chris Donato
- "Decisions, Decisions" by Robert Rothwell
- "Voices of Temptation" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "The Seed of Abraham" by Warren A. Gage
- "He Has a Name" by Greg Barolet
- "Inheritance and Intervention" by Geoff Stevens
- "Radically Contagious" by John Sartelle
- "A Word of Tomorrow" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "The Protestant Work Ethic" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, September 2006: Proud Mediocrity
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: September 2006
- Pages: 63
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.