Tabletalk Magazine, March 2007: Adoption, Reflecting the Grace of God
Ligonier Ministries 2007
The family unit was instituted by God during the primeval days of Adam and Eve. The household in ancient times would have consisted of not just immediate members but relatives, servants, and even friends, depending on economic resources. Familial imagery is also employed in Scripture to describe those who are the people of the one, true God. They are all assumed to share in the life of the local church — from worship to witness to discipline. Yet, serious confusion abounds regarding this aspect of God’s salvation. For this reason, the March 2007 edition of Tabletalk is concerned with the family of the Lord, and it will serve to exhort Christians to understand their place in the kingdom as children of the living God.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Greg Baiiley, Iain Duguid, Ken Jones, Wynn Kenyon, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
Since Genesis has such a prominent place in history, the 2007 Bible studies continue from 2006 with Part 2 of this book.
- "Accepted in the Beloved" by Burk Parsons
- "The New Birth" by R. C. Sproul
- "The Family of God" by Iain Duguid
- "Family Traits" by Wynn Kenyon
- "Nature and Admonition" by Greg Bailey
- "Justice Served" by Robert Rothwell
- "Snakes and Ladders" by Derek. W. H. Thomas
- "The God of Bethel" by Warren A. Gage
- "Worthy of Work" by Tim Dick
- "God Remembers" by Greg Barolet
- "Building Up the Body" by Ken Jones
- "We Are Family" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Family v. Culture" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, March 2007: Adoption, Reflecting the Grace of God
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: March 2007
- Pages: 63
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.