The August 2008 issue of Tabletalk magazine examines some of the basic precepts of the “new” atheism, encouraging readers with succinct answers to certain criticisms and exhorting them to be prepared to face these challenges as they are disseminated at home and abroad.
- "Faith and Reason" by R. C. Sproul
- "God’s Dupes?" by Ravi K. Zacharias
- "Has Science Got Rid of God?" by John Blanchard
- "The True Face of Evil" by David A. Robertson
- "United in Truth and Love" by Robert Rothwell
- "For the Record" by Joel R. Beeke
- "The Generous Landowner" by Jerry Bridges
- "True Greatness" by Tom Ascol
- "The Joy of the Lord" by Greg Barolet
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by Philip G. Ryken
- "Pro Ecclesia: For the Church" by Carl R. Trueman
- "Generation to Generation" by Steven J. Lawson
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, August 2008: The New Atheism
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: August 2008
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.