Tabletalk Magazine, October 2008: The Canonicity of Scripture
Ligonier Ministries 2008
The October 2008 issue of Tabletalk intends to explore for its readers the basic questions surrounding the formation of the canon of Scripture, with hopes of encouraging them to cherish God’s Word to His people.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Charles E. Hill, Keith A. Mathison, Stephen J. Nichols, Robert W. Oliver, David Osborne, R. C. Sproul Jr., Randall Van Meggelen, Robert I. Vasholz, and Gene Edward Veith.
The 2008 Bible studies examines the gospel of Matthew and the Redeemer who saves His people from their sins.
- "Tota Scriptura" by R. C. Sproul
- "Moses: Spokesman of God" by Robert I. Vasholz
- "The New Covenant Scriptures" by Charles E. Hill
- "The Bible in English" by Stephen J. Nichols
- "A Holy Calling" by Chris Donato
- "A Just War" by Joel R. Beeke
- "The Worldwide Gospel" by Jerry Bridges
- "The Horror of Hell" by Tom Ascol
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by Robert W. Oliver
- "Pro Ecclesia: For the Church" by Randall Can Meggelen
- "Generation to Generation" by David Osborne
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, October 2008: The Canonicity of Scripture
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: October 2008
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.