Tabletalk Magazine, January 2009: Resolved to Press on toward the Goal
Ligonier Ministries 2009
The theme of the January 2009 issue of Tabletalk is “Resolved to Press on Toward the Goal.” It intends to give its readers some food for thought regarding Jonathan Edwards’ resolutions and the sanctifying use of making firm decisions to glorify God.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, C. FitzSimons Allison, Sinclair B. Ferguson, Simon J. Kistemaker, Keith A. Mathison, Stephen J. Nichols, Burk Parsons, R. C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith.
The 2009 Bible studies look at the apostle Paul’s life and thought in a study of the books the frame his career: Galatians, the very first letter he wrote, and 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus, the last epistles to come from him.
- "Principle vs. Pragmatism" by R. C. Sproul
- "Resolved by the Grace of God" by Burk Passions
- "The Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards" by Stephen J. Nichols
- Getting the Gospel Right" by Tom Ascol
- "Not According to Man" by Terry L. Johnson
- "For the Love of Slavery?" by John P. Sartelle
- "Protestants and Creeds" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "Holy Orders" by Jon M. Duncan
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- "Pro Ecclesia: For the Church" by Simon J. Kistemaker
- "Generation to Generation" by C. FitzSimons Allison
- "Tolle Lege Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, January 2009: Resolved to Press on toward the Goal
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: January 2009
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.