The July 2009 issue of Tabletalk focuses on the ministry and legacy of the great Genevan reformer, John Calvin. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Thabiti Anyabwile, Rick Gamble, David Hall, Keith Mathison, Iain Murray, David Powlison, Gordon Reed, Philip Ryken, and Derek Thomas. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns by contributors such as Terry Johnson and Gene Veith.
- The Theologian: "Right Now Counts Forever" by R. C. Sproul
- Living For God: "Calvin on the Spiritual Life" by Iain H. Murray
- The Great Exchange: "Calvin on the Gospel" by Rick Gamble
- The Key to Paradise: "Calvin: Theologian of the Holy Spirit" by Keith A. Mathison
- The School of Jesus Christ: "Calvin: Shephard of Souls" by David Powlison
- The Theater of God's Glory: "Calvin on God's Providence and Glory" by David W. Hall
- "Some Will Apostatize" by Tom Ascol
- "The Public Reading" by Terry L. Johnson
- "No Little People" by John P. Sartelle
- "Open and Shut" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by Philip Graham Ryken
- "For the Church" by Derek Thomas
- "Generation to Generation" by Gordon K. Reed
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- C"Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, July 2009: John Calvin
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.