The August 2009 issue of Tabletalk explores the necessity of practicing faithful stewardship of all our resources to the glory of God’s kingdom.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, David and Joshua Eby, James Harvey, Rosemary Jensen, Ken Jones, John Piper, and David Wells.
The 2009 Bible studies look at the apostle Paul’s life and thought in a study of the books the frame his career: Galatians, the very first letter he wrote, and 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus, the last epistles to come from him.
- "Will Man Rob God?" by R. C. Sproul
- "Stewards of God’s Gifts" by Ken Jones
- "Treasures on Earth" by John Piper
- "Treasures in Heaven" by Rosemary Jensen
- "A Solemn Discharge of Duty" by Tom Ascol
- "The Gain of Godliness" by Terry L. Johnson
- "The Constant Struggle" by John P. Sartelle
- "Source of True Teaching" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "True Life" by John Petersen
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by James Harvey
- "For the Church" by David F. Wells
- "Generation to Generation" by Davis and Joshua Eby
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, August 2009: The Money Issue
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: August 2009
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.