The October 2010 issue of Tabletalk looks at the marks that distinguish followers of Christ from followers of the world and the practices that define who and what a Christian is. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Joel Beeke, Chris Donato, Nick Eicher, Bob Kauflin, Sean Michael Lucas, Keith Mathison, Larry McCall, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Tedd Tripp. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns by contributors such as John Sartelle, and Iain Campbell.
The 2010 Bible studies engage in a thematic and biblical-theological study of the Old Testament, looking at various characters, events, practices, and other elements of old covenant religion that are fulfilled in the new covenant.
- Justification by Death by R. C. Sproul
- Faith Working Through Love by Chris Donato
- The Discipline of God by Joel R. Beeke
- A Child's Call to Conversion by Tedd Tripp
- Apostasy by Larry McCall
- Adoption into God's Family by Ian D. Campbell
- Israel's Salvation by Ken Jones
- Christ Our Curse by Kim Riddleburger
- His Glory is Our Story by John P. Sartelle
- It's All About Me by Chris Larson
- The Peace That Passes by R. C. Sproul
- Biblical Objectivity by Nick Eicher
- Grace Transforms Everything by Sean Michael Lucas
- Receiving the Baton by Bob Kauflin
- We Believe the Bible and You Do Not by Keith A. Mathison
- Articles by a variety of Christian scholars and leaders that provide detailed and thought-provoking coverage of important topics.
- Daily, in-depth studies guiding readers through one or more books of the Bible each year through rich yet easy-to-understand exposition, and practical applications.
- Trusted resources for further study.
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: October, 2010: The Marks of a Christian
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: 2010
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including The Holiness of God, The Intimage Marriage, Essential Truths of the Christian Faith, Following the Cross, and the R. C. Sproul Exposition Collection.
About Burk Parsons
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.