Tabletalk Magazine, November 2010: College and the Christian
Ligonier Ministries 2010
The November 2010 issue of Tabletalk looks at the common challenges that students face when leaving home for college. We seek to exhort parents and college students to consider thoughtfully the stakes involved and to be equipped as they prepare and engage in these challenging years. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Alex Chediak, Scott Devor, Bryan Estelle, Mark Futato, Keith Mathison, Stephen Meyer, Scotty Smith, and R.C. Sproul Jr. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns.
The 2010 Bible studies engage in a thematic and biblical-theological study of the Old Testament, looking at various characters, events, practices, and other elements of old covenant religion that are fulfilled in the new covenant.
- Be Prepared by R. C. Sproul
- The Signature in the Cell by Stephen C. Meyer
- Relaticism by Gene Edward Veith
- Don't Stand Alone by Bryan D. Estelle
- By Faith, Not Fear by Scotty Smith
- King of Kings by Iain D. Campbell
- God is Light by Ken Jones
- Seeing God Face to Face by Kim Riddleburger
- Final Judgement by John P. Sartelle
- A Free Education by R. C. Sproul
- Overcoming Doubt by Scott Devor
- What's in a Name by Mark Futato
- Thriving at College by Alex Chediak
- The Apocalypse by Keith A. Mathison
- Articles by a variety of Christian scholars and leaders that provide detailed and thought-provoking coverage of important topics.
- Daily, in-depth studies guiding readers through one or more books of the Bible each year through rich yet easy-to-understand exposition, and practical applications.
- Trusted resources for further study.
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: November, 2010: College and the Christian
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date:
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including The Holiness of God, The Intimage Marriage, Essential Truths of the Christian Faith, Following the Cross, and the R. C. Sproul Exposition Collection.
About Burk Parsons
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.