History of the Puritans; or, Protestant Nonconformists: vol. 5
by Neal, Daniel
W. Baynes and Son 1822
First published in 1732, The History of the Puritans has been a historical standard on the life and times of the Puritan fathers. In The History of the Puritans, the influence of the Puritans in England is carefully documented and traced over the course of over a hundred years, beginning with the time of Henry the VIII. Daniel Neal, a minister and historian, tracks the Puritans’ effects on politics and social change, resulting in a dynamic and contextual exploration of this time frame. This set is essential for understanding how the Puritans helped to shape England, as well as comprehending the key events and figures involved.
The History of the Puritans is an in-depth study of the Puritans and the history of England. The Logos edition provides instant access to the influence of the Puritans, making study easy and comparable with other resources.
Get the complete set by ordering The History of the Puritans (5 vols.) today!
- From the death of King Charles II to King James II's declaration for liberty of conscience
- From King James II's declaration for liberty of conscience to the Act of Toleration in the reign of King William and Queen Mary, 1688
- History of the Baptists and the Quakers
- Some account of the Baptists, from the days of Wickliffe to the reign of James I, 1370–1600
- History of the Baptists during the reigns of James I and Charles I, 1602—1560
- History of the Baptists during the Protectorate
- History of the Baptists, from the Restoration of King Charles II to the fall of Lord Clarendon, 1660—1670
- From the Declaration of Indulgence to the Revolution
- History of the Quakers
- From the protectorship of Cromwell to the Declaration of Indulgence, 1674
- From the Declaration of Indulgence to the Revolution, 1674—1688
- Title: History of the Puritans; or, Protestant Nonconformists: vol. 5
- Author: Daniel Neal
- Series: The History of the Puritans
- Publisher: William Baynes and Son
- Publication Date: 1822
- Pages: 515
About Daniel Neal
Daniel Neal, born in 1678, was a British historian and clergyman. With the publication of History of New England in 1720, he was awarded an honorary M.A. from Harvard College. Neal wrote The History of the Puritans between 1732 and 1738. He died in 1743.