The History of the Puritans; or, Protestant Nonconformists: vol. 1
by Neal, Daniel
W. Baynes and Son 1822
First published in 1732, The History of the Puritans has been a historical standard on the life and times of the Puritan fathers. In The History of the Puritans, the influence of the Puritans in England is carefully documented and traced over the course of over a hundred years, beginning with the time of Henry the VIII. Daniel Neal, a minister and historian, tracks the Puritans’ effects on politics and social change, resulting in a dynamic and contextual exploration of this time frame. This set is essential for understanding how the Puritans helped to shape England, as well as comprehending the key events and figures involved.
The History of the Puritans is an in-depth study of the Puritans and the history of England. The Logos edition provides instant access to the influence of the Puritans, making study easy and comparable with other resources.
Get the complete set by ordering The History of the Puritans (5 vols.) today!
- Memoirs of the Author, by Dr. Toulmin
- Dr. Toulmin’s Advertisement
- History of the Puritans , from the Accession of Henry VIII to the Death of Queen Elizabeth
- Reign of Henry the Eighth
- Reign of King Edward the Sixth
- Reign of Queen Mary
- From the beginning of Queen Elizabeth's reign to the separation of the Protestant Nonconformists
- From the separation of the Protestant Nonconformists to the death of Archbishop Parker
- From the death of archbishop Parker to the death of archbishop Grindal
- From the death of Archbishop Grindal to the Spanish invasion
- From the Spanish invasion to the death of Queen Elizabeth
- Title: The History of the Puritans; or, Protestant Nonconformists: vol. 1
- Author: Daniel Neal
- Series: The History of the Puritans
- Publisher: William Baynes and Son
- Publication Date: 1822
- Pages: 527
About Daniel Neal
Daniel Neal, born in 1678, was a British historian and clergyman. With the publication of History of New England in 1720, he was awarded an honorary M.A. from Harvard College. Neal wrote The History of the Puritans between 1732 and 1738. He died in 1743.