Qumran between the Old and New Testaments
This volume contains papers from the International Scandinavian Conference on the Dead Sea Scrolls and Qumran, sponsored by the University of Copenhagen and held in 1995. In addition to the contributions of Florentino Garc'a Mart'nez, Emanuel Tov and Ben Zion Wacholder, this collection offers a wide range of recent Scandinavian scholarship on the Dead Sea Scrolls. Central issues dealt with include the dating of the scrolls, the theological relationships between the Scrolls and the Old Testament, questions relating to text and tradition formation, and the social relations between Qumran and contemporary Jewish sectarianism.
- Papers from the International Scandinavian Conference on the Dead Sea Scrolls and Qumran
- Resolution of key issues surrounding the Dead Sea Scrolls and Qumran
- All Scripture references linked to original language texts and English translations in your library (that you own)
- Title: Qumran between the Old and New Testaments
- Author: Frederick H. Cryer, Thomas L. Thompson
- Series: Second Temple Judaism Studies Collection
- Publisher: Sheffield Academic Press
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pages: 398
About the Author
Frederick H. Cryer was formerly Project Director of the Dead Sea Scrolls Initiative, Institute for Biblical Exegesis, University of Copenhagen.