Eerdmans Old Testament History Collection (7 vols.)
by 5 authors Miller, Robert D., II, Harrington, Daniel J., Blenkinsopp, Joseph, Launderville, Dale F., McNamara, Martin J.
The Eerdmans Old Testament History Collection presents an in-depth study on the biblical world and its texts. Drawing information from ancient texts and insights from philosophers, historians, anthropologists, theologians, and theorists, the contributors—some of the best scholars in their respective fields—bring you seven concise volumes on Old Testament interpretation, history, culture, and religion.
This collection will broaden your understanding of biblical texts by:
- Studying the social and political history
- Rediscovering ancient texts—including the Apocrypha, book of Isaiah, Targum, and Pentateuch
- Looking at how the Babylonian exile changed the Jewish political and religious infrastructure
- Analyzing the relationship between religion and royal authority in Homeric Greece, biblical Israel, and Old Babylonian Mesopotamia
The Eerdmans Old Testament History Collection (7 vols.) introduces new insights into the context of the Bible by using current historical, cultural, literary, and theological methods and techniques. This engaging collection is perfect for students, pastors, scholars, or laity seeking a clear understanding to complex issues surrounding Old Testament history and interpretation.
With Logos, every word is essentially a link! Scripture references are linked directly to the Bibles in your library—both the original language texts and English translations. Double-clicking any word automatically opens your lexicons to the relevant entry, making Hebrew words instantly accessible. With Logos, you can quickly move from the table of contents to your desired content and search entire volumes and collections by topic, title, or Scripture reference.
- Works on a variety of biblical and theological topics
- Written in an academic yet readable style
- Includes bibliographies, indexes, and appendixes
- Chieftains of the Highland Clans: A History of Israel in the Twelfth And Eleventh Centuries B.C.
- Invitation to the Apocrypha
- Judaism, the First Phase: The Place of Ezra and Nehemiah in the Origins of Judaism
- Opening the Sealed Book: Interpretations of the Book of Isaiah in Late Antiquity
- Piety and Politics: The Dynamics of Royal Authority in Homeric Greece, Biblical Israel, and Old Babylonian Mesopotamia
- Targum and Testament Revisited: Aramaic Paraphrases of the Hebrew Bible: A Light on the New Testament, 2nd ed.
- Treasures Old and New: Essays in the Theology of the Pentateuch
- Title: Eerdmans Old Testament History Collection
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 2,089