Looking for the 2012–2013 issue? Letter & Spirit, Volume 8 is now available for pre-order.
Letter and Spirit is a journal of Catholic biblical theology that seeks to foster a deeper conversation on Sacred Scripture. It aims to address the many questions surrounding the Bible, including
- What is it?
- Where does it come from?
- How should you read it?
- What claim should it make in your life, on the teaching and practice of the Church, or the world you live in?
Letter and Spirit (7 vols.) contains all existing issues of Letter and Spirit. This collection combines the historical and literary contexts of Scripture with its contemporary ecclesial and liturgical significance. It includes numerous articles, and notes relating to Bible study and interpretation, as well as book reviews. Whether you’re a student, pastor, or priest, you will appreciate the insights this journal provides on the various topics surrounding Scripture.
The Logos Bible Software edition of Letter and Spirit (7 vols.) is designed to encourage and stimulate your study of the Bible. With Logos, every word is essentially a link. That means double-clicking on any Scripture reference brings you straight to the original language text or your preferred English translation. That makes Letter and Spirit (7 vols.) ideal for studying and interpreting the Bible.
- Contains every issue of Letter and Spirit
- Analyzes the various topics surrounding Bible study and interpretation
- Illustrates the contemporary, religious and spiritual significance of Scripture
- Letter and Spirit, Volume 1: Reading Salvation: Word, Worship, and the Mysteries
- Letter and Spirit, Volume 2: The Authority of Mystery: The Word of God and the People of God
- Letter and Spirit, Volume 3: The Hermeneutic of Continuity: Christ, Kingdom, and Creation
- Letter and Spirit, Volume 4: Temple and Contemplation: God's Presence in the Cosmos, Church, and Human Heart
- Letter and Spirit, Volume 5: Liturgy and Empire: Faith in Exile and Political Theology
- Letter and Spirit, Volume 6: For the Sake of Our Salvation: The Truth and Humility of God's Word
- Letter and Spirit, Volume 7: The Bible and the Church Fathers: The Liturgical Context of Patristic Exegesis
- Title: Letter and Spirit
- Editor: Scott W. Hahn
- Publisher: St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology
- Volumes: 7
About Scott W. Hahn
Scott W. Hahn is the founder and director of the Saint Paul Center for Biblical Theology. Additionally, he has served as the professor of theology and Scripture at Franciscan University of Steubenville since 1990. Dr. Han is a popular speaker who has delivered hundreds of talks on Scripture and the Catholic faith, and a bestselling author of several books.