Homilies of St. John Chrysostom Upgrade (6 vols.)
John Henry Parker, James Parker & Co. 1840–1877
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you'd pay. If the final price is lower, that's what you'll pay.
- Projected price
John Chrysostom (c. AD 347–407) was the archbishop of Constantinople and an early church father. He is honored as a saint in the Orthodox, Eastern, and Roman Catholic churches, and is also a Doctor of the Church. A great orator, his homilies were not written, but spoken to the people, often transcribed by listeners for wider distribution. His style was direct and personal, often targeting Christian involvement in the materialism and paganism surrounding the early church. His homilies contain practical examples and analogies meant to reach laypeople, As well as more complex theological substance that helped to formulate Christian thinking as we know it today. John Chrysostom has been praised as one of the greatest preachers in the early church, and his homilies and discourses remain a lasting legacy for all Christians.
With Logos Bible Software, these valuable volumes are enhanced by cutting-edge research tools. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful topical searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Homilies and commentaries from one of the most influential early church fathers
- Timeless messages of Christian virtue and resistance to the dominant culture
- Historical context and insight into the early church
- Commentary on the Epistle to the Galatians, and Homilies on the Epistle to the Ephesians
- The Homilies on the Second Epistle of St. Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians
- The Homilies on the Acts of the Apostles: Part 1, Hom. 1–28
- The Homilies on the Gospel of St. Matthew: Part 3, Hom. 59–90
- The Homilies on the Acts of the Apostles: Part 2, Hom. 29–55
- The Homilies on the Epistle of St. Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews
- Title: Homilies of St. John Chrysostom Upgrade
- Author: John Chrysostom
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 3,534
About John Chrysostom
John Chrysostom (c. AD 347–407) was the archbishop of Constantinople and an influential early church father. He was known for his skills as an orator and was given the epithet “Chrysostom,” or “golden-mouthed,” after his death.