Quickly and accurately interpret a verse or passage by investigating textual variance, grammatical constructions, syntax, or even a word-by-word analysis of the text in its original language. You don’t have to be a scholar to use this guide—the many aids, like definitions and English Bible translations—help you along the way.
Get more Exegetical Guide training
All Features > Exegetical Guide
A Quick Way to Accurately Interpret a Biblical Text
Analyze the text in its original language
Studying Isaiah 61:1–2 and need to know more about a word, like “vengeance,” in the original Hebrew? Open up the Exegetical Guide, and instantly find a breakdown of the word’s meaning, its dictionary form, which part of speech it is—and where else that word is used in Scripture.
Logos Starter and up
Works best in
Logos Gold and up
Logos web app
Learn How to Use This Feature
- Videos: Guides Overview
- Videos: Exegetical Guide
- Videos: Exegetical Guide: Academic and Theologian Study Series
- Logos Blog: How to Use the Exegetical Guide Verse by Verse
- Logos Forums: Exegetical Guide
- Logos Forums: Open the Exegetical Guide at the Same Time as the Passage Guide
- Logos Wiki: What Is the Exegetical Guide?
What Others Are Saying
“I use Logos’ Exegetical Guide on a regular basis to study the original languages. Logos is a must-have for anyone seriously engaged in in-depth Bible study.”