The New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE) is the culmination of nearly 20 years of work by a group of nearly 100 scholars and theologians, including bishops, revisers, and editors. The NABRE includes a newly revised translation of the entire Old Testament (including the Book of Psalms) along with the 1986 edition of the New Testament.
The NABRE is a formal equivalent translation of Sacred Scripture, sponsored by the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, using the best manuscripts available. Work on most books of the Old Testament by forty revisers and a board of eight editors began in 1994 and was completed in 2001. The 1991 revision of the Psalter, the work of thirty revisers and six editors, was further revised by seven revisers and two editors between 2009 and 2010. Work on the New Testament, begun in 1978 and completed in 1986, was the work of thirteen revisers and five editors.
With the Logos Bible Software edition, the New American Bible, rev. ed. (NABRE) is fully integrated with the other resources in Logos, including maps, dictionaries, and numerous other Bible study tools. The Logos edition also allows you to perform powerful searches and word studies, as well as the ability to sync this translation with other English and original language translations in your library for comparison. This makes New American Bible, rev. ed. (NABRE) more powerful and easier to access than ever before for reading, sermon preparation, research, and Bible study.
- The first major update to the New American Bible (NAB) translation in 20 years!
- A more accurate translation aided by modern archeological and historical discoveries
- A more consistent rendering of the Greek and Hebrew to more closely express the meaning of the original text
- The revisions better reflect modern English language usage
- Title: New American Bible Rev. Ed. (NABRE)
- Publisher: Confraternity of Christian Doctrine
- Publication Date: 2011