Since 1904, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod has published a theological journal, originally called Theologische Quartalschrift, now the Wisconsin Lutheran Quarterly. This journal is issued by Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary as a testimony of its theological convictions, as a public witness to the saving truths of Holy Scripture, and in the interest of the theological and professional growth of those whom the seminary is training for the public ministry and of those already active in this ministry.
With the Logos Bible Software edition all Scripture passages in Wisconsin Lutheran Quarterly are tagged and appear on mouse-over. What’s more, Scripture references are linked to the wealth of language resources in your digital library. This makes all 84 issues more powerful and easier to access than ever before for scholarly work or personal Bible study. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of “justification” or “Paul.”
- Articles, book reviews, news, and comments
- Topic searches
- Automatic footnotes when referenced
- 20 years, 84 issues of this premier academic journal (vols. 87–107)
- “Pastor am I Baptized?”—The Validity of Baptism
- Pastoral Leadership from the Perspective of Church History
- The Lutheran Doctrine of Sanctification and Its Rivals
- Seventeenth Century Exegetical Brief: 1 Timothy 1:9
- Seventeenth Century Pastoral Theology: Cases Concerning the Lord’s Supper
- “I Desire Mercy, Not Sacrifice”—Hosea 6:6
- Exegetical Brief: Luke 15:7—Who Are the Ninety-Nine?
- Doctrinal Challenges Facing Lutheranism in the 21st Century
- Memories of Lent: An Ash Wednesday Sermon
- Technology in Worship—Useful Tool or a Clanging Cymbal?
- Whatever Happened to Evangelicalism?
- Postmodernism among Evangelicals
- Current Thinking on John’s Gospel
- Resurgence of Postmillennialism
- Pastors and Plagiarism: Some Thoughts
- Is American Catholicism in Decline?
- “Christian America”—Fact or Fiction?
- The Death Penalty and Biblical Morality
- John F. Brug
- John M. Brenner
- Paul E. Zell
- E. Allen Sorum
- Richard D. Balge
- Armin J. Panning
- Neal Schroeder
- James F. Korthals
- John D. Schuetze
- Philip B. Strackbein
- Alan H. Siggelkow
- George König
- Frederick Balduin
- David J. Valleskey
- Paul E. Eickmann
- Richard Gurgel
- Daniel P. Leyrer
- and more!
- Title: Wisconsin Lutheran Quarterly, 1990–2010 (84 Issues)
- Managing Editor: John F. Brug
- Publisher: Northwestern Publishing House
- Publication Date: 1990–2010
- Pages: 6,720
About Northwestern Publishing House
The mission of Northwestern Publishing House is to deliver biblically sound Christ-centered resources within the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and beyond. The vision of Northwestern Publishing House is to be the premier resource for quality Lutheran materials faithful to the Scriptures and Lutheran confessions. NPH publishes materials for worship, vacation Bible school, Sunday school, and several other ministries. The NPH headquarters are located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.