Library of Hebrew Bible/OT Studies: JSOTS on Ketuvim (7 vols.)
by 8 authors Dominic Rudman, Paul Niskanen, Kyung-jin Min, Rolf A. Jacobson, Cas J. A. Vos, Dirk J. Human, Gary D. Salyer, Johnny E. Miles
Sheffield Academic Press, T&T Clark 2001–2004
The Library of Hebrew Bible/OT Studies: JSOTS on Ketuvim collection offers the scholar explorations of issues pertaining to the “Writings” books of the Old Testament. Written with the academic in mind, the seven volumes capture a variety of fascinating thoughts on these foundational books. Topics include Psalms in ancient near-eastern settings, direct discourse in the Psalms, Proverbs 1-9 as satire, the deterministic tone of Ecclesiastes, rhetoric of Ecclesiastes, Herodotean concepts in Daniel, and the authorship of Ezra-Nehemiah.
The Journal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement (renamed the Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies in 2005) is a premier book series that offers cutting-edge work for a readership of scholars, teachers in the field of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament studies, postgraduate students and advanced undergraduates. All the many and diverse aspects of Old Testament study are represented and promoted in the series, including innovative work from historical perspectives, studies using social-scientific and literary theory, and developing theological, cultural and contextual approaches.
The series was launched by Sheffield Academic Press in 1976, and is published regularly by T & T Clark International as The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies. This world-class religious academic publishing program is both interdisciplinary and international in scope, incorporating Sheffield Academic Press, T & T Clark and Trinity Press International.
- Topics include Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Daniel, Ezra, and Nehemiah
- Ideal for students and teachers
- Psalms and Liturgy
- Many Are Saying: The Function of Direct Discourse in the Hebrew Psalter
- Wise King, Royal Fool: Semiotics, Satire and Proverbs 1-9
- Determinism in the Book of Ecclesiastes
- Vain Rhetoric: Private Insight and Public Debate in Ecclesiastes
- The Human and the Divine in History: Herodotus and the Book of Daniel
- The Levitical Authorship of Ezra-Nehemiah
- Title: Library of Hebrew Bible/OT Studies: JSOTS on Ketuvim (7 vols.)
- Series: Journal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement series (JSOTS)
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 1,666