Old Testament Studies Series Collection (8 vols.)
by 10 authors Rendtorff, Rolf, Rofé, Alexander, Rodd, Cyril, Whybray, R. N., Auld, A. Graeme, Mays, James Luther, Petersen, David L., Richards, Kent, Sharp, Carolyn, Wenham, Gordon J.
T&T Clark 1995–2003
The Old Testament Studies Series Collection presents eight scholarly works on Old Testament/Hebrew Bible issues facing reconsideration in the contemporary theological context. The series provides an outlet for thoughtful debate in the fundamental areas of Old Testament/Hebrew Bible history, theology and literature.
The mid-twentieth century was a period of great confidence in the study of the Hebrew Bible: many historical and literary questions appeared to be settled, and a constructive theological program was well underway. Now, at the beginning of a new century, the picture is very different. Recent years have witnessed an upheaval in the study of the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible. Tenacious pursuit of historical questions, new insights in the application of literary theory, and fresh engagement with Christian and Jewish theology have all contributed to a sense of ferment and change.
These three interrelated areas provide the focus for the series. What can we know of the historical life of ancient Israel? How have modern literary readings shaped biblical texts? How can the Hebrew Bible engage a modern theological audience? This international series, while addressed to professionals in the field, will also provide scholarly resources for upper-level university students, graduate students and other professionals in religion.
- Glimpses of a Strange Land: Studies in Old Testament Ethics
- Deuteronomy: Issues and Interpretation
- The Good Life in the Old Testament
- Joshua Retold: Synoptic Perspectives
- Story as Torah: Reading Old Testament Narrative Ethically
- The Covenant Formula: An Exegetical and Theological Investigation
- Prophecy and Ideology in Jeremiah: Struggles for Authority in the Deutero-Jeremianic Prose
- Old Testament Interpretation: Past, Present, and Future : Essays in Honor of Gene M. Tucker
- Title: Old Testament Studies Series Collection
- Publisher: T&T Clark
- Volumes: 8
- Pages: 1,986