What were Paul’s core theological beliefs? What framework did he use to organize his beliefs, and how did these beliefs relate to one another? In this course, Dr. Robert Sloan explores the theological concepts and terminology in Philippians and uses these as a window into the mind of Paul. He moves you beyond a book-level understanding to understanding Paul’s theology as whole.
For a collection of focused courses that will deepen your familiarity with Paul’s prodigious New Testament writing, see the Mobile Ed: Paul’s Letters Bundle.
Upon successful completion you should be able to:
- Highlight Paul’s overarching message in all of his writings using the book of Philippians
- Present a Christological approach to the text
- Systematize Paul’s theology using the text as a framework
- Core Theological Beliefs in Philippians
- Christ and the Gospel in Philippians
- Other Theological Themes in Philippians
About the Instructor
Dr. Robert B. Sloan, Jr. is the president of Houston Baptist University and previously served as president and chancellor of Baylor University, where he was a member of the faculty and the founding dean of George W. Truett Theological Seminary. Dr. Sloan has published extensively and has pastored churches throughout Texas and beyond.
Getting the most out of Mobile Ed
Mobile Ed is a highly effective mobile learning environment that incorporates the powerful study tools found in Logos Bible Software.
With any Logos library base package, you will be able to view the lectures and interact with the transcripts. For the best learning experience, we recommend you use Logos Platinum.
- Readings for the courses are often tailored to Platinum because the larger library provides access to a wide range of suggested resources and increases search results for further study.
- The Platinum collection best matches the resources used in screencasts. It includes a breadth of commentaries, original-language studies, and over 1,400 resources to deepen your study.