Classic Studies on the Natural History of the Bible (9 vols.)•
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
The natural world plays a large role in the Bible’s grand narratives—from the stars to which God compared Abraham’s descendants, to the ravens who fed Elijah, to the animals used as sacrifices, to the sea Moses parted. These classic texts create a seminar on nature as it appears throughout Scripture—including volumes on geology, astronomy, botany, and more. This collection of nineteenth- and twentieth-century scholarship provides an index of the creatures inhabiting these landscapes “from the ape to the coral,” using numerous illustrations. With over three thousand pages from top scholars, Classic Studies on the Natural History of the Bible deepens your understanding of the natural theater in which the Bible’s stories took place, as well as its non-human players. This collection is a great reference tool, offering easy access to information on everything from mustard to myrrh, and constellations to camels.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Offers volumes on the geology, astronomy, and botany in the Bible
- Explores the complete index of creatures—“beast, bird, reptile, fish, or insect”—mentioned in Scripture
- Provides studies from important nineteenth- and twentieth-century scholars on the Bible’s natural history
- Scripture Natural History, vol. 1: The Trees and Plants Mentioned in the Bible by William H. Groser
- Scripture Natural History, vol. 2: The Animals Mentioned in the Bible by Henry Chichester Hart
- The Natural History of the Bible: Being a Review of the Physical Geography, Geology, and Meteorology of the Holy Land by H. B. Tristram
- The Survey of Western Palestine: The Fauna and Flora of Palestine by H. B. Tristram
- Wood’s Bible Animals: A Description of the Habits, Structure, and Uses of Every Living Creature Mentioned in Scriptures by J. G. Wood
- The Astronomy of the Bible by Ormsby McKnight Mitchel
- Astronomy in the Old Testament by G. Schiaparelli
- Scripture Botany: A Descriptive Account of the Plants, Trees, Flowers, and Vegetable Products Mentioned in Holy Writ by Leo H. Grindon
- The Mosaical and Mineral Geologies by W. M. Higgins
- Title: Classic Studies on Natural Theology
- Volumes: 9
- Pages: 3,207