The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World
Six of today’s leading pastor-theologians—John Piper, Voddie Baucham, D. A. Carson, Timothy Keller, Mark Driscoll, and David Wells—have joined together to offer Christians a practical, biblical vision of Christ’s supremacy. After grounding readers in the important truths of Christ’s deity and the gospel, The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World strives to help believers understand how to share these truths in a postmodern society. Through applying lessons from this book, readers gain a practical, biblical vision of ministry for the twenty-first century.
In the Logos edition, this valuable volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Addresses how Christ is to be preached in a postmodern, multiethnic, multireligious society
- Includes conversations with the contributors
- Discusses how the church is to address the emergence of the postmodern ethos and the new, growing tidal wave of religious pluralism present today
- Part 1: Culture and Truth
- The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World
- Truth and Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World
- Part 2: Joy and Love
- Joy and the Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World
- Love and the Supremacy of Christ in Postmodern World
- Part 3: Gospel Theologizing and Contextualizing
- The Gospel and the Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World
- The Church and the Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World
Praise for the Print Edition
Many would have us believe that life is hopelessly fragmented and truth an elusive dream. The authors of this book beg to differ and enthusiastically point us to the cohesive centrality and absolute supremacy of Jesus Christ.
—Sam Storms, senior pastor, Bridgeway Church, Oklahoma City
- Title: The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World
- Editors: John Piper and Justin Taylor
- Publisher: Crossway
- Publication Date: 2007
- Pages: 192
About the Editors
John Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is teacher and founder of DesiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary. He served for 33 years as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis and is author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God, Don’t Waste Your Life, God Is the Gospel, Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ, and many more.
Justin Taylor (PhD candidate, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is vice president of book publishing and an associate publisher at Crossway. He has edited and contributed to several books, including A God Entranced Vision of All Things and Reclaiming the Center, and is a blogger at Between Two Worlds—hosted by The Gospel Coalition.