Eerdmans Gospel Studies Collection (19 vols.)
by 21 authors Daniel Gurtner, John Nolland, C. Clifton Black, Marianne Meye Thompson, Francis Watson, Carl Mosser, Richard Bauckham, James R. Edwards, Tom Thatcher, Richard A. Horsley, David Crump, Pheme Perkins, Simon Gathercole, Kenneth E. Bailey, Klyne Snodgrass, Ulrich Luz, Mark Goodacre, Craig Koester, Capon, Robert Farrar, Puskas, Charles B., Jr., Borgman, Paul
Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
The Eerdmans Gospel Studies Collection brings together 19 volumes examining the accounts of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. With these texts, readers can learn about Jesus’ use of parables, analyze the literary features of the canonical Gospels, and examine the Gospel of Thomas. This collection also includes an introduction to the Synoptic Gospels, studies on the named women of the Gospels, and comprehensive guides to the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. These thorough studies are ideal for New Testament scholars and students, and anyone interested in furthering their study of the Bible.
The Logos Bible Software edition of the Eerdmans Gospel Studies Collection is designed to enhance your study and understanding of the Gospels. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic to find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about the Synoptic Gospels, reading the Gospels as eyewitness testimony, and Jesus’ parables.
- 19 studies on the Gospels
- In-depth analysis of the canonical Gospels
- Works by leading New Testament scholars
- Poet and Peasant and Through Peasant Eyes: A Literary-Cultural Approach to the Parables in Luke by Kenneth E. Bailey
- Gospel Women: Studies of the Named Women in the Gospels by Richard Bauckham
- Jesus and the Eyewitnesses: The Gospels as Eyewitness Testimony by Richard Bauckham
- The Gospel of John and Christian Theology edited by Richard Bauckham and Carl Mosser
- The Preexistent Son: Recovering the Christologies of Matthew, Mark, and Luke by Simon J. Gathercole
- Thomas and the Gospels: The Case for Thomas’s Familiarity with the Synoptics by Mark Goodacre
- The Word of Life: A Theology of John’s Gospel by Craig R. Koester
- Studies in Matthew by Ulrich Luz
- Built Upon the Rock: Studies in the Gospel of Matthew edited by John Nolland and Daniel M. Gurtner
- Stories with Intent: A Comprehensive Guide to the Parables of Jesus by Klyne R. Snodgrass
- The God of the Gospel of John by Marianne Meye Thompson
- The Disciples According to Mark: Markan Redaction in Current Debate by C. Clifton Black
- The Way according to Luke: Hearing the Whole Story of Luke-Acts by Paul Borgman
- The Hebrew Gospel and the Development of the Synoptic Tradition by James R. Edwards
- Introduction to the Synoptic Gospels by Pheme Perkins
- An Introduction to the Gospels and Acts by David Crump and Charles B. Puskas Jr.
- Gospel Writing: A Canonical Perspective by Francis Watson
- John, Jesus and the Renewal of Israel by Richard Horsley and Tom Thatcher
- Kingdom, Grace, Judgment: Paradox, Outrage, and Vindication in the Parables of Jesus by Robert Farrar Capon
- Title: Eerdmans Gospel Studies Collection
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 19
- Pages: 7,729