Eerdmans Philosophy Collection (6 vols.)
by 6 authors Allen, Prudence, McGrath, S. J., Pabst, Adrian, Goetz, Stewart, Taliaferro, Charles, Pound, Marcus
Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
The Eerdmans Philosophy Collection features six volumes surveying concepts and characters in philosophy’s history. Four volumes from Eerdmans’ Interventions series deal with the theological and philosophical implications of provocative such figures as Heidegger and Slavoj Žižek, and survey the concepts of naturalism and hierarchy. Of particular interest is Prudence Allen’s magisterial two-volume, The Concept of Woman, wherein Allen surveys 2,000 years, especially in relation to man. Her insights are an essential addition to the library of students of philosophy, history, theology, literature, and politics.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Bolster your study by cross-referencing and comparing within an extensive library of classic ancient and modern philosophical works. Take your study with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Surveys the theological implications of provocative concepts and characters in philosophy
- Includes Prudence Allen’s monumental, The Concept of Woman
- Offers four volumes from Eerdmans’ Interventions series
- The Concept of Woman, vol. 1: The Aristotelian Revolution by Prudence Allen
- The Concept of Woman, vol. 2: The Early Humanist Reformation, part 1 by Prudence Allen
- The Concept of Woman, vol. 2: The Early Humanist Reformation, part 2 by Prudence Allen
- Naturalism by Charles Taliaferro and Stewart Goetz
- Heidegger: A (Very) Critical Introduction by S. J. McGrath
- Metaphysics: The Creation of Hierarchy by Adrian Pabst
- Žižek: A (Very) Critical Introduction by Marcus Pound
The Concept of Woman, vol. 1: The Aristotelian Revolution
- Author: Prudence Allen
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Publication Date: 1997
- Pages: 560
- Title: Eerdmans Philosophy Collection
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 2,782